Sunday, February 7, 2010

UNO Throw-Up

I don't know how many of you have ever played the game UNO Attack, but it has quickly become one of our family's favorite games. Every Monday night after FHE and every Sunday night we like to play games as a family. UNO is one of the few games that all of us enjoy playing and can play given the our current ages. UNO Attack is a lot like UNO except instead of drawing cards you push a button when it is your turn to draw at which point you may get zero cards or you may get a bunch (or in other words you may get thrown up on) It is so fun to watch the competitive nature of my children come out as we play these games. We all want to win, OF COURSE, but it has been fun teaching the kiddos that not everyone can win, but we can still have fun if we don't win (just not as much, right?).

Here are a couple of pictures from this week.

We didn't crimp Kendal's hair, we just braided it!
So cute and getting so big!

Our bookworm...she has read the entire Percy Jackson Lightning Thief series this week!


More cuteness


All 4 looking at the camera...it only took 25 pictures but we got one!




12 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad to know Uno attack is fun. We love playing games on Sundays and Mondays too. How funny! We got the game Pictureka for Christmas. It's a fun one too.

corrie said...

Such a cute picture of the four kids! She read the series in a week? Nash is almost finished with the 4th book. Maddie loved it.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Love the updated pictures!!!! Can't believe how big they all are! Can't wait to spend the weekend with you and Adison!!!
Love,
MOM G

Amy said...

i loved the percy jackson series!!! sounds like she's liking it too. :) your kids are getting so big. i guess we might need to invest in uno attack... jefferson likes to play uno so i think he would love uno attack. :D

Baxter's said...

I didn't know you really felt that you could have fun and not win. :-) That's not what I remember from your elbows to my head. :-) It is fun to see the kids get competitive. I try to teach good lessons too...don't worry. :-)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

UNO is a great game. We love it, too!

Those kids of yours are getting BIG. Adison looks so old all of a sudden!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Oh yeah, my kids love Uno attack.

Good job getting a picture with all the kids being still. I only have 2 and even so its practically impossible!

Nancy Scott said...

Tell the kids I love the pictures! Thanks for taking these great pictures. Hope you have a great weekend. Tell them all to keep smiling because we all enjoy seeing their pictures. Take care. You two big kids can get into pictures sometimes too you know. Love you all a whole bunch.
Rick and Nancy

Baxter's said...

I'm in Boise for the weekend and I Just met an elder from your old home town. Totally knew you. An elder Anderson. He said you would know his sister alyssa. Small small world. :-)

Lori said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Hailey and Bailey are so close in age, and when I look at them, I remember when you came to see me and they were just tiny babies. Where in the world is time going???? Hope all is well Alisha! I miss you.

leighandspencer.blogspot.com said...

I'm suddenly feeling the pain of "okay, everyone look at the camara"...yeah right. Adison looks so much bigger than when we saw her at the office. She's adorable!

Melinda said...

I remember our families playing Uno together when we were kids. It was a fun game to play with kids and grown-ups. We evolved to playing SCUZZ, but always had a good time with the cards. My TJ loved the Percy Jackson books, too. The movie is a bit disappointing...doesn't really follow the book.