Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Springs First Catch

One of our favorite parts of spring as a family has to be fishing. We have enjoyed being able to walk into our backyard, toss out a couple of lines and catch fish. The kids love seeing the fish and each of them has had a chance to reel one in. The last couple of weeks we have been fishing a couple of times as a family. It is a cheap form of entertainment around here and with the weather so nice pretty enjoyable. I am almost to the point that I would feel comfortable taking the kids myself, if it weren't for having to touch the fish we catch and placing them back into the pond...I'm not there yet. But I can bait the hook (with hot dog) and I have caught a couple of fish. Good times!

We let Jeff do the dirty work!

Trey likes to touch the fish!

Bayley had last Friday off from school, so we ran over to Georgia to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa "G" and Spencer and Leigh, while Jeff went camping with the boy scouts. The kids had a great time playing with little Spence and hanging out in Georgia. While there, we went to the park where the kids had a great time swinging and playing.

Kendal pushing Baby Spence on the swing

Bayley climbing high!

Finally, here is a cute picture of the kids from Sunday! They are such fun kids!

5 comments:

Baxter's said...

What in the world? A lake in your backyard! Do you live on a plantation or something???

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a great weekend! We enjoyed having everyone here! We have the BEST grandkids!
Love,
MOM G

Vanessa Shannon said...

Denver is so jealous about your pond. That would be a dream house for him...even if the house were falling in on itself, if it had a good fishing hole I believe he would live in it! Glad you are enjoying your spring weather...it is snowing really hard right now and I am so not happy about it :(

Caroline said...

haha, i'm laughing at lisa's comment. i thought the same thing. so lucky. So, I would have pegged you as the type of person that didn't mind grabbing a fish and yanking the hook out. What do you know! Now I don't feel so bad that I refuse to do stuff like that:)

Melinda said...

That's so awesome that you can fish right in your own backyard. I, too, am surprised at your cooties to fish. You have always been the tough one.