Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fat Lips and Fire Stations


Fortunately the two incidents do not go together. Trey got his first fat lip this week. He was on his way downstairs when he took a tumble hitting his lip. As his lip began to swell it was hilarious to see his reaction. At first he didn't want to put ice on his lip, but after I showed him how BIG it was and he began to feel the swelling he insisted on putting the ice on his lip...have I mentioned how VAIN this boy can be. He cares what he looks like, even at 2 1/2....have you ever known a boy that age who cared what his hair looked like. He has an opinion already and if I try to do his hair any other way that "down" he will take things into his own hands and make sure that every hair is back in place. My visions of a cute toddler boy with spikey hair is NOT going to happen around here.
Our big adventure this week was a visit to the local fire department. They gave our small playgroup an all access tour of the fire station. They let the kids climb around the fire truck, check out the gear, and gave each of them a hat, coloring book and crayons. My kids loved it, but Trey especially enjoyed the trucks. In fact out of all the of the kids there, he seemed to enjoy climbing around in the trucks the most. He didn't want to get out and he jumped in the drivers seat every chance he got. It was a lot of fun.


We have a big day tomorrow. KENDAL turns 5 years old. She is SO excited...we have talked about tomorrow just about every day in the past 6 months. Today as we went throughout the day she would just all of the sudden say "you know tomorrow is my birthday" just about every hour. It was so cute! We are having a "dog-themed" birthday party tomorrow for her friends and she also invited her favorite neighborhood dog, Cider. She is borderline obsessed with dogs right now, so there really wasn't much of a question what type of party she wanted. I'm sure I will be posting pictures and highlights in the week ahead.

Finally, Bayley started her own blog today. As I was doing some work on my computer this morning, she asked if she could start her own blog. I actually think it is a good idea and will be a good way for her to journal her life through her blog. I have made her blog private, but if you are interested in taking a look, let me know and I will send you an invite!

3 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Oh my that is a fat lip. Poor kid! I think Trey is a lot like Evan with the hair thing only Evan wants his spiky! He is has always cared about how he looks too although Im not sure it started as young as 2! How funny.... We would love to see Bayleys blog! Ian has been wanting one of his own too and I was thinking it would be a good way to help him with his creative writing skills since that is the subject he struggles with the most! If you dont mind inviting us, we would love to see how Bayleys blog goes...

Kelly said...

So the big question is will Kendal be getting a dog for her birthday? You wouldn't want to disappoint her. I hope Trey's lip gets better soon!

highdeekay said...

I want to read Bayley's blog!

Poor Trey.

We'll see you soon to celebrate with the dog (and Kendal).