Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow Day

March has begun with a bang... or shall we say a downpour. This morning we woke up to freezing rain that turned to snow (not a big deal, unless you live in a place like Alabama). It was a rainy, yucky weekend that ended with a snow day. Because of the bad weather, church was called off today. It was nice to have Jeff around and to spend that day at home, but by the end of the day you could tell that the kids were a little restless. We did crafts, played games, read books, took naps, watched church videos....it was nice, but let's just say that I am glad that everyday is not a snow day.


Fortunately the snow has already melted and the waters that surged over the weekend have begun to receed, but before the snow was gone the kids did spend 10 frigid minutes playing in the cold stuff. They had a good time...that is everyone except Trey who decided to take off his gloves and came in with very cold hands.

Other than the weather being yucky, we did have a pretty good weekend. The kids ended up skipping out on basketball to attend a birthday party. I thought that they would all be excited to be skipping basketball, but when I asked them which they would rather do, I was somewhat surprised when Bayley replied,"My team really needs me, I think I want to go to basketball." She did score last week and has been very excited to "shoot some more" now that she has figured it out! In fact, she shocked Jeff and I both when she said, "You know, you could get me a basketball goal for my birthday and I wouldn't mind." I'm so glad that she has had a good experience this time around...even if she doesn't decide basketball is her thing later on. Kendal started T-ball last week. She is so excited! Let me just say that they take their T-ball pretty seriously around here...she will be practicing twice a week until games start, they will be wearing fitted hats, and their names will be on their uniforms. Pretty "over the top" for T-ball if you ask me, but as long as Kendal enjoys it that is really all that matters, right?




6 comments:

Kelly said...

Ha ha! You shouldn't have left me so many comments about not missing snow! At least your kids got to enjoy it. That is some pretty serious t-ball. They are like that with football around here. I think it's a bummer if kids are forced into competitiveness. Hope she has fun.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That's great that Bayley has a change of heart about basketball! Maybe she'll be like her mom after all.

I can't wait for Nate to play Tball. I love it!

Adam and Sariah said...

Hey there! How funny that you found our blog. Of course I remember you, but as a mother of one, not THREE! They are so big too! I guess it has been a long time. How are you liking AL? You guys have been there a while now, right? We are headed back to GA when we are done here in Korea and we couldn't be happier about it. It was fun to see pictures of your kids and read a little about what you guys are up to. I will check back now and again. Great to hear from you! -Sariah :)

highdeekay said...

Phil said that while a snow day was nice it would probably have been much more difficult with more kids. I guess he was right, eh? T-ball sounds serious enough to add some cheerleaders. maybe we could get some outfits for Trey and Eden and they could show up to cheer Kendal on. ha!

Vanessa Shannon said...

I know how you love the snow..ha ha! Glad you got to have some of the wonderful stuff that we get all Winter! I remember Bayley trying to shoot the ball when she played with Ian in Kentucky. Glad to hear she is hitting the hole now! Remember how they used to just socialize on the court. Silly kids :) Dons funeral was really nice.

Melinda said...

It's funny to see that little smidgeon of snow that had y'all canceling school. I'm glad your kids got to play in it a little. I love the pictures below, too. That one of Trey on the pot cracks me up!