Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hoopin' it Up & Other Stuff





Saturday was the last day of basketball games for the kids. In my opinion it has been a very successful basketball season. We have learned some very important lessons including, Trey does much better playing if he hasn't woken up from a nap 20 minutes prior to a game, Kendal is enthusiastic about just about anything new and wants to be right in the middle of the action whatever that might be, and Bayley has some natural athletic ability if she chooses to use it! The league was perfect for the age of our kids...non-competitive, no practices, no pressure, fun, and they bribed the kids with free drinks after the games and ended the season handing out trophies. I have to say for the Thornton Family it was $20 well invested (the $20 paid for all three to play, including t-shirts and trophies...I dare you to find another league ANYWHERE that provides that much for so little, a TRUE Bargain in my opinion and you know how much I love a good bargain) Here are a few highlights from Saturday's games:







We had a great weekend. The weather was beautiful, so Jeff snuck in 18 holes of golf while the kids and I enjoyed the great weather outside. It was days like yesterday that definitely get US very excited about the upcoming spring and summer months!!! We can't wait. However, we do know that there is bound to be a couple of more colds days in the forecast before we can officially celebrate the nice weather.





The other HUGE highlight of last week had to be getting our new washer and dryer. I have been very pleased thus far...I was able to do an entire weeks worth of laundry in 2 loads...it used to take me at least 3 usually 4 loads to get a weeks worth done! I am very excited! You know your a MOM when a cool appliance makes your blog highlights!

7 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I love how Kendal SKIPS across the court! So cute!

Also, I totally don't blame you for loving your washer and dryer. I guess I am a mom too, because using my new (well, we've had them for a year, but they still feel new) W/D make me sooo happy!

highdeekay said...

Awesome movie! Talented, cute kids.

2 loads? Man, I'm excited when I only have six loads a week (which includes sheets, towels, and clothes). What am I doing wrong?

Doreen Griffeth said...

I LOVE the video update! What a bargain and NO stress! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for the great weather!
Love,
MOM G

Natalie-John+2 said...

Where's the picture of that washer and dryer!! It's a big thing and I appreciate my front loaders more than any other purchase we have made in the last 5 years. It cuts the laundry time in 1/2 or better. Congratulations on yours.

corrie said...

That was awesome! I love Kendal skipping her way down the court and you weren't kidding about Bayley and her abilities! She looked like a natural.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

This is Grant.

GEEZ...Bayley can shoot! She's a natural and should really play. Looking at her by the other kids makes me realize how tall she really is.

Keep it up.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I am embarassed to say that I just used my Flip camera for the first time tonight at a YW's activity. IT WAS AMAZING! I am in love with it...It was so EASY to use! I can't wait to make cute videos like yours so I can put them on the blog!