Monday, August 4, 2008

Lake Highlights, Race Results

The kids ready for 4-wheeling


So this last week the kids and I headed to Georgia to spend time with Spencer, Leigh and Spence. They were kind enough to invite us to spend a couple of days with them at Lake Hiawasee, in North Carolina. While there we went 4-wheeling, tubing, knee-boarding (I attempted, Bayley succeeded), and water-skiing. It was a lot of fun! The tube was much sturdier than the ones that we currently own, which I think was a little boring for Bayley but very enjoyable for myself and Trey. Kendal avoided the water because of her cast, but still enjoyed just hanging out on the boat. We had a great time!Trey even enjoyed this tube experience
Bayley thought standing up made the tube a little more thrillingBayley and Leigh kneeboarding (Bayley was pretty upset she couldn't figure out how to get outside the wake)Kendal didn't let a broken arm ruin her lake experience
I got up...it wasn't pretty but I was up

This last weekend our family as well as Spencer and Leigh, participated in the Woodstock 5k (a local road race). We had a great time. The adults ran their 5k race while the kids played, then the kids ran a 1 mile race while we cheered. I wasn't sure how the girls would do, but both did very well considering it was the first time they had participated in that type of race. In fact, Bayley ran a 9:14 mile and Kendal a 10:14 mile. After the race we relaxed by the pool during the afternoon as we recuperated from our morning exertion. We plan on trying to run about a race a month to keep us motivated to exercise, plus they really are a lot of fun!
The girls before the Race
Finishing is always the best part of any race!


Bayley starts school this Thursday, so we are trying to fit in the last couple of things that we NEED to do this summer into the beginning of this week. We are headed to Six Flags tomorrow as a family. Hopefully it will be a good time....Jeff and I are going to load up on the dramamine in hopes that we can accompany the kids on the rides. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Wow. I can't believe school stats already. That is crazy! I can't even imagine having to worry about Kyle's homework just yet.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Jealous of another lake trip! It's always fun when Spencer and Leigh are in charge. :)

Enjoy 6 Flags! Hope you don't BARF! I know I would.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Have fun! I wish I could have run with you this past weekend! How fun! Enjoy your last few days!
Love,
MOM G

Vanessa Shannon said...

Good luck with 6 flags! I hear you on the dramamine...ugh. And good job on the skies! I was always horrible at water skiing...I could get up but like you said, it was never pretty. Sounds like you guys have had a GREAT summer!