Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Catch Up Time



Not only has the last week been pretty busy, but I have also been trying to squeeze in reading time in my efforts to finish Breaking Dawn. Hence, not very much time to blog. I still am not finished with the book, about 200 more pages, but I couldn't go to sleep last night thinking about all of the things that I haven't recorded yet and that I needed to get blogged (this is sort of my journal, so I am doing this not only for myself but for posterity's sakeas well). Here are some of the highlights:

  • Tuesday we headed to Six Flags. Along with our kids we also took a couple of Bayley's friends from church, Madeline and Carter. It worked out well having them come, because it gave the Bayley, especially, someone to ride the rides with. It was a hot day, almost 100 degrees, but I think because of the heat and it was the last week before school started, the park was not very crowded. We were able to ride just about all of the rides that we wanted to, with little to no wait. The dramamine worked well for me, but I think the medicine made Jeff a little drowsy (even though it was the less-drowsy kind). For the first time in a long time I was able to ride some pretty intense roller coasters, with few adverse effects. It was a lot of fun. The girls even got brave and both of them rode the Mindbender, which is a big roller coaster that goes upside down twice. It wasn't their favorite, but they survived.
  • Wednesday Kendal got her cast off...see 2 posts below.
  • Thursday Bayley started back to school. She has Mrs. Clark this year, who is the teacher she wanted for 2nd grade. Mrs. Clark especially enjoys math which is also Bayley's favority subject. We are looking forward to a great school year. Kendal is getting school fever...the first morning of school she was up and dressed with her bookbag ready to head out the door. Only one more year!
  • The weekend was pretty relaxed...a much needed reprieve!
  • Sunday was Trey's birthday! See post below.

Those are the highlights of the last week. I can't believe that school is in session and that summer is pretty much over. Oh well, we are looking forward to dance starting back up, soccer starting and maybe swim team. I guess its time to get back on schedule.

5 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

We have not braved the amusement park yet. If we dont go to Vegas over Labor Day, I think we might hit Lagoon and see how they do! I LOVE rollercoasters although I totally understand needing dramamine.....

Lindsay Griffeth said...

As always, The Thornton clan is having FUN!

Doreen Griffeth said...

You made the last week memorable!!
Way to go!
MOM G

Melinda said...

I love reading your updates. Sounds like you squeezed in a bunch of good times this summer.

Lori said...

Busy girl, sounds fun for you and your family. Alisha your children are so darling, I love bng able to keep up with you and your family.

Breaking Dawn huh? I would have to say that you are one girl I wouldn't have pictured reading and enjoying those type of books--it does my heart good!

Take care!