Sunday, August 24, 2008

7 Years of Bayley Fun!



It's hard to believe it but Bayley turned 7 years old last week! As I was reflecting on the first 7 years of her life, I have to say that she has had a very busy and fun life thus far. She has lived in 4 different states, moved 6 times, travelled to over 15 states and really done a lot of really cool things. She is really a beautiful girl with a beautiful spirit. Bayley has ALWAYS been a very independent little girl, but at seven she has started to push the limits of her independence and really acts a lot older than she is. We love Bayley and the great energy she brings to our home. Here are a few highlights of who Bayley is at 7 years old:


  • Bayley is a great big sister, however, like most children with siblings her younger sister and brother sometimes get on her nerves. She does tolerate them very well and enjoys sometimes taking a motherly role with them.
  • Bayley favorite subject in school is math and she is very good at it...she did take after her mom in her love of numbers and math!
  • Bayley is an excellent dancer and a swimmer! She is in a dance class with older girls, but fits in very well. She would love to get her toe shoes next week, but according to her dance instructor that is still quite a few years away. We are still trying to decide whether or not to do swim team this year. She loves to swim, but swim team is a huge commitment...they practice 2-3 times a week then have all day meets on the weekend. I'm not sure we want to get that serious this soon!
  • Bayley loves to work with her hands. She loves crafts, Legos, digging, cake decorating and just about anything else you can do with her hands. She is very creative and pushes me to my creative limits just to keep up!
  • Bayley has a very tender heart. We have a running joke that we know when a movie is over because we hear Bayley sniffling (she cries at happy and sad endings).
  • Bayley loves a good story. She loves fiction and well as non-fiction stories. She would have me read to her all day if I could. Her favorite question in the car is "will you tell me a story when you were little?". I can't tell you how many stories we have told and retold in the car. She is just about to a point in her reading skills, that she will be able to sit down and read chapter books alone...I hope her love of stories translate into a love of reading!
  • Bayley loves to watch television! I have a feeling that most kids her age do and like her would watch all day given the opportunity, however because she limited in her television watching I think it makes her want it even more. Even though I would never do this, I am pretty sure that I could leave her home alone all day with the television on and she would be in the same place that I left her when I returned home.
  • Bayley loves a good road trip. She is a very travelled young girl. As I mentioned earlier she has already visited over 15 states and has a list accumulating of places she would like to visit. Because she has travelled so much, she is a great traveller.
  • Bayley is a people person. She has never been very shy and loves to talk to anyone that will listen. The other day I was in Wal-mart and I turned around and she was in a full conversation with one of the employees....a very common occurrence. She is very inquisitive and not at all afraid to ask questions...and lots of them!
  • Bayley is a scriptorian. On Sundays one of her favorite things to do is listen to the stories of the Book of Mormon on the computer. Because of this, she knows the stories extremely well. I hope her love of the scriptures continues as she begins reading them on her own.
  • Bayley loves a good party. She loves everything about a party...the food, the cake, the games, the presents, the decorations....everything! We start planning her party for her birthday the day after the prior year's party is over. We talk about it all year long! She did have a birthday party this year and it was supposed to be a swimming party. Unfortunately Mother Nature did not cooperate this year, so we played games, games and more games! I would still consider the party a success however, next year we will pray for no rain!

Bayley is the blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl that I always wished for but never thought I would have. We love her so much and are so proud of the girl she is! Happy 7th Birthday, Bayley!

4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

She looks so grown up! I think she would get along so great with Ian...they have very similar personalities! Happy Birthday Bayley!

Doreen Griffeth said...

We LOVE our Bayley!!! She is such a special girl! We love having her as an example for our other grandchildren! Thanks for sharing her with us!
Love,
MOM G

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Happy Birthday, Bayley! She definitely is ALL you said about her. She's a great 7 year old!

Lori said...

What a doll! I love reading about Bayley because she reminds me of my Hailey so much. I remember us getting our two girls together when they were so little. I can't believe she is 7, time goes too fast! I wish you lived close so our girls could be 'tall' friends together:)

Happy birthday Bayley!