Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blog Tag...

So I am learning that blogging is a lot more than just an update of what is going on in your life. I originally started my blog in June as a way of keeping in touch with my family. Before the blog, I would send weekly emails to grandparents, aunts and uncles, and friends with pictures and updates of what was going on in the Thornton household. I had pretty much been doing that since Bayley was born. I have since found out that blogging is also a great way to keep up with friends near and far, journal, and as I am learning it can be a way for individuals to reflect on the past, present and future. Today I was tagged by my friend Vanessa in a sort of "blog game". The game goes like this...once you are tagged you are supposed to list 7 random facts about yourself. After doing so, you are supposed to tag fellow bloggers who might read what you wrote. Those people are then supposed to do the same thing over again. Kind of like some of those tag emails that you all have seen before. I very rarely participate in the email version of this game, however, for some reason I feel a little more obligated this time around...could be because my name has been posted on somebody elses blog as being tagged (yes, Vanessa I am calling you out)! No really, Vanessa has turned into my blog "hero". She does an awesome job on her blog. She has a slide show, cool music, great posts which she regularly updates, as well as some really cool backgrounds. If you are ever blog hopping, her blog is a great one to check out! Anyway I had better get back to the game before the kids wake up from their naps.

7 Random Facts about Alisha:

1. I was painfully shy growing up. My mom will readily attest to this fact. I was so shy, that when we went for Kindergarten orientation, I refused to speak to my teacher and would only respond to questions by whispering the answers to my mother...I have come a long way since then, but I still am pretty introverted.

2. I have won an Internet sweepstakes. After reading an article about a woman who makes her living entering sweepstakes, I decided to give it a try. For about 1 week I would check out sweepstakes websites and enter about 20 sweepstakes per day. About 2 months later I received a package in the mail with random stuff in it that I knew I hadn't ordered...so after calling the number on the packing slip I found out I was the winner of an Internet sweepstakes and was now that proud owner of a poker set, book bag, highlighters, playing cards, t-shirt, and pens! Since then I will occasionally enter sweepstakes when I think about, but my luck hasn't struck twice!

3. Since Jeff and I have been married we have moved 7 times (in 7 years). That stat does include the 3 times that we moved during one year when Jeff was in the war with Iraq. But even if you don't count those moves, we have lived in 4 different states including Texas, Georgia, Kentucky and now Alabama.

4. Some of the famous people I have met include Michael Jordan (I rode an elevator with him in the Las Vegas Hilton), Dean Cain, David Beckham (even though I didn't know who he was when I met him...I just noticed the paparazzi and figured it must be someone famous so I asked for a picture and his autograph...I was very surprised to find out just how famous he was after returning home) and Steve Young....I could list more people but these men are the MOST famous people I have met.

5. I love a good deal! It is almost like a game/obsession for me...finding the best deal on ANY item.

6. I would love to travel to New York someday. I consider myself a pretty well-travelled person, but I still have not made a trip to the Northeast. Hopefully someday soon, my husband will win a great trip there!

7. I enjoy accounting, but as of right now I am considering going back to school to get my nursing degree (that is after my kids are all in school). Since that is a couple of years away and I know that a lot can change between now and then, it is only a thought at this moment. Keep reading the blog to see how this story plays out!

All right, I've completed my 7 random facts. I am now going to tag Corrie, Heidi, and Leigh! Good luck girls and I look forward to some great blog reading!

5 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Thanks for the great info! Im the same way about those email games....and I hated tagging you but as you can see from my list, I dont have many options. So, hopefully we wont get many more of those! I enjoyed reading your random thoughts...makes me wish we had been able to get to know each better in Kentucky....have a great day!

Doreen Griffeth said...

How fun! I loved reading your random thoughts! You are amazing! Thanks for being a great friend, wife, mother, and daughter!
Love,
MOM

Ali said...

Oh my goodness...I truly am a blog novice. I've never heard of this "tag" game. I'm glad I don't know that many people who blog so that I don't get stuck being "tagged" and not knowing it.

Caroline said...

hi Alisha! oh my goodness... look at those kids! they are so big and so cute. i cant' believe it. i feel like i've got a lot of catching up to do! atleast now i'm in a position to do it:) it's so fun to see what you are up to. Alabama hu?! sounds fun. thanks for the note and for keeping in touch. you're so fun.

Lori said...

Alisha!
Hey I have already left comments but they are not showing--I'm sure it's me. Anyway, I am so excited to see your family, how fun is this! Your children are beautiful and you look great! I will e-mail you with my family's latest update. Hope all is well for you all! I love your 7 facts, I'm especially fond of your Michael Jordan experience. Good memories!
Love,
Lori