Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bayley and Crafts






I think most of you that read this blog know just how crafty Bayley is. Well, this Christmas she received many gifts that allow her to use her creative abilities. One of her favorite gifts was a pottery wheel that her Grandma Nancy picked out for her. On her last day of Christmas vacation, which was this last Monday, I promised her that she would be able to give the pottery wheel a try. We decided to go outside to do this activity, because the wheel was pretty loud and Kendal and Trey were napping. I helped her set up the wheel and then I let her go after it. Bayley spent over 2 hours outside molding a small cup and a candle holder and she loved every minute of it! Sometimes I feel bad for Bayley that she doesn't have a more crafty mom. I will do crafts, but I am definitely not a natural. However, I have done my best to provide her lots of opportunities to explore her creativity. And fortunately for her she has Grandmas and aunts that are crafty and do a good job of keeping her busy and entertained whenever we visit.


We survived Bayley's first week back to school this year. It felt nice to be back into our routine. Saturday the kids and I headed to Marietta to see Grandma and Grandpa "G". It is so nice to be this close that we can just run over there for the day. The kids were excited to spend time with the grandparents and had a great time. Grandma "G" kept the girls busy baking cookies and doing crafts, and Grandpa tried to keep Trey out of trouble! We appreciate them giving up their Saturday so that we could spend time with them. We left Jeff at home because he had a young men's activity that took up the majority of the day on Saturday. I have a feeling that most of his Saturdays will now be devoted to the young men's program and scouts. He is enjoying it though...we will see how he feels about giving up his Saturdays when golf season rolls around. Anyway, he is doing a great job with the boys and I know he will have a great impact on their lives.


Hope you all have a great week! We are looking forward to another exciting one!

6 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

We LOVED playing with the kids! They are so fun! Thanks for coming! We are so proud of them!
Love,
MOM G

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Bayley definitely is VERY crafty! I love seeing kids imaginations run free!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I am sorry I have missed reading some of your recent posts!

Normally, I would hate 9am church, but with a baby, it would be great! 1:00 has been a nightmare!

It was so great to talk to you the other day and to read about all of the fun events in your family!

Ali said...

I have two to three leftover foam gingerbread houses from Kyle's class party. I'll get your address from Lindsay and send them your way for the kids this Christmas.

Vanessa Shannon said...

Im a non-crafty mom too so I feel your pain. My problem is that Im so freaky about messes that I probably dont let me kids do enough crafts at home....I need to work on that I guess! Hope you all have a good week!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Hi! Go to projectplaylist.com and create an account. It will show you how to create the html for your blog. On your blog, you will want to add a page element and choose html/java then paste your music code there. If you need better instructions let me know, I will email you.