Sunday, January 20, 2008

Why I love living in Alabama...



So this week has reminded me why I like living in the South. Short winters! This week we have had some cold weather, which has made getting out and about kind of miserable. I enjoy being able to take the kids out without having to pile on coats, without freezing in the car for the first 5 minutes of a ride, and without running from the car into stores because it is so cold outside. Yesterday we got a sprinkling of snow, which the girls were excited about. They really wanted to go outside and play in the snow, but by the time they got back from the movie with their Dad, the snow had all melted. I didn't feel too bad, since they have already seen snow this year when we went to Indiana for Christmas. As far as I am concerned a once a year sighting of snow is all we need! I enjoy the Southern winters, where you only need to wear a coat a couple of times a year. I enjoy being able to still play outside with the kids during the winter and I especially enjoy the mild winters when it comes time for me to go for my morning runs. It is hard to get all of your muscles to loosen up properly when it is below 32 degrees and you are trying to run. Nice weather...a great reason to live in Alabama!

As for our weekly update, it was a pretty typical week. The girls had dance, Bayley had swimming, Jeff had Scouts, and I had Relief Society activities. Friday night we did have a family activity night. Our local mall has Scooby Doo nights on Fridays during January, so we headed over there after Bayley's swim practice. We ate at our favorite restaurant, Chick-fil-a, and then the girls got to meet Scooby Doo and to jump in one of the blow-up bounce things! We had a good time! Saturday, the girls went with Jeff to clean the church building and then he took them to a matinee at the movies. The love spending time with their Dad! Who can blame them when he does such fun things with them?

Here are a few pictures from this week! Bayley had to decorate a snowman for a school project, so that is what she is holding in the first picture. She was so excited about how it turned out!

5 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That's why we like Vegas, too! The winters are great!

Glad you had a good week. I always love seeing pictures of your kiddos.

Vanessa Shannon said...

love- love- love- the new blog design! I will have to check out that website. Im with you right now on no more snow. Im so ready for Spring. Although we have enjoyed the snow up to this point, I am getting tired of it now. Have a great week!

Doreen Griffeth said...

I love how Bayley's "snowwoman" turned out!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. We are so glad you are in Alabama, too!!!!
Love,
MOM

Lori said...

Alisha,
Your kids are so beautiful! I can't believe how big they are! I am so excited to keep tabs on you now! I've been horrible but now with a decent computer and internet service I hope to be better! I will e-mail you my family's update!
Love,
Lori
P.S. Your 7 facts are awesome! I'm especially fond of your Michael Jordan experience

Lori said...

I found my comment! I just left another one that sounds exactly the same-duh! I would love to find more of our teammates who blog. Let me know if you find any of their sites. Caroline Beus and Lisa Osgu are linked to my site. Talk to you later!
Lori