Sunday, January 11, 2009

Routine is a Good Thing

I love routine...always have. My kids have always been very scheduled...I work around their schedules most of the time to ensure that they hit their nap times and that we get to bed around 7:30 pm. Not only are my kids happier and more well-behaved, but it sure makes my life as a mom much more enjoyable. The only time that our schedules get way out of whack seem to be over vacations, which I know comes with vacations and allows us to get more done and spend more quality time with family and friends. However, by the end of a vacation my kids are usually fried! And it takes a couple of days at least to get back on schedule. Last week we did much better and guess what?? I yelled a lot less, enjoyed my kids a lot more and they were much happier! Ta-da.

Happy Kids = Happy Mom

5 comments:

highdeekay said...

I'm with you! Happy kids = happy mom.

Kelly said...

Mmmm, schedule. I love it. I don't know how anyone can get anything done without a little organization or schedule! Glad you're back on track.

Natalie-John+2 said...

AMEN sister!!! I am all about the scheduling and I too believe that it makes happier kids..and thus a happier mommy!! Add a sun-shine day and it just doesn't get any better.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Absolutely! I would NEVER survive this mom thing without a schedule. :)

Baxter's said...

I hear ya! It takes us way more than a couple of days to get back into the swing of things though. More like a week. Then we are all happy again. :-)