Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Celine, Skating, Training & Foam


So we enjoyed a few "firsts" this week. After over a year wait, Jeff and I were finally able to see Celine Dion in concert for the first time. I have wanted to see Celine in concert since she started her shows in Vegas many years ago. I was very disappointed that I was never able to catch her in concert during my trips to Vegas. So when I found out that she would be touring, I asked Jeff for tickets to her concert last year for Christmas. He obliged and after hiding the tickets in my sock drawer for the last year, we were finally able to use them on Saturday. The concert was great! I would definitely go to see her concert again...a good indicator on my value scale.


The view from our seats in Phillips Arena
Kendal experienced a first this week as well. Yesterday for MLK day, she accompanied Bayley and her friend to the local skating rink to give rollerskating a try. I prepped her the entire day leading up to going that she WAS going to fall and that it might hurt. She did awesome for her first time. She did not complain once and she really seemed to enjoy it! She was fine going off on her own and was very patient with herself as she learned a new skill. It probably wasn't the best day to be learning how to skate, as every other kid off school decided that the skating rink was the place to be...it was so crowded! I definitely think that she will want to go back!
Trey was our other child to experience a "first". For the first time ever he did something other than #1 in the potty...if you know what I mean. We have slowly begun the potty-training process with our youngest son. It is going to take a while, but hopefully by the time he is 3 years old, we will have it down. Until then, we just talk about it a whole bunch and celebrate any little milestones that we make!


Trey with his Foam airplane (he loved the foam)
Finally this week, the kids played with play foam for the first time. For those of you that may not be familiar with foam, it is wonderful. It is similar to play-doh in that you can shape it and store it, but better than play-doh in that it never dries out and seems to stay together much better. The kids loved it and all three played for over an hour with their foam. I will have no problem pulling out our foam again!


Kendal's creations

4 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

Love it! I'm glad that skating went so well and NO broken bones!
Love,
MOM G

Kelly said...

I'll have to try the foam. My kids love play doh. And yea for potty!

highdeekay said...

Foam - Imma try it fer sure. I was also thinking that we need to make a batch of slime and let the kids go crazy some time. Good times!

Amy said...

i'm going to try and potty train jefferson soon, so if you have any tips on training and training boys i could sure use the help. and the foam sounds cool. where do you get it and could i look up the ingredients in it? i think my boys would love to play with it, if they're not allergic to it.