Sunday, May 4, 2008

Kentucky Derby Mini-Marathon

I'm FINISHED! I have completed another 13.1 mile run and I think this time it really might be my last half marathon....at least for a long time! I have learned that disclaimers are good just in case you get a crazy notion again that it really wasn't that bad and it would be fun! After training and then running 2 half marathons in the last 8 months, I am a bit burnt out on daily runs, so I am taking a long hiatus. Plus this time around I did meet my goal of finishing under 2 hours and 10 minutes. My finish time was officially 2 hours 9 minutes and 15 seconds...you should have seen me sprinting the last .1 mile just so that I could ensure that I met my goal. I ran with the same former teammates from Morehead State (Jan, Shawne and Crystal). It was fun to catch up with them again and like last time it was nice to have others to voice complaints, accomplishments and ideas with through the training. Thanks gals!

The race was last weekend and I am still trying to catch up. Jeff was gracious enough to handle the 3 kids for the weekend and as an added bonus I came home to clean/vacuumed house! I was exhausted after all of the driving (7 hours each way) plus the long run, so it was SO NICE! I'll give more updates with pictures soon! Have a great week!

6 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Way to go! That is so great. I believe it would take me at least 4 hours to run that far. Weirdly enough, Ive been thinking more about trying to take up running. We'll see. Looking forward to the pics. Hope you get rested up!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

What a great accomplishment. I still think you're crazy...but it's pretty cool that you've done two!

Doreen Griffeth said...

I am so proud of you! You have the drive to accomplish whatever you put your mind to do! You have a great husband, too!
Love,
MOM G

Baxter's said...

I am so proud of you! Way to go Lish!

Lori said...

I am so impressed!!!!! I can't believe you are a runner. I'm a horrible runner. I bet you can remember how horrible of a runner I am. When our team did the run up to Bridal Veil Falls, Heather and I were always totally dragging!
From the look of it it keeps you in pretty good shape---good for you!

By the way, I took very little dance, I just thought Hailey would like it. I'm not going to push it, but if she enjoys it I will let her keep going. I just want to give her the chance to do whatever she feels best with!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Congrats!!! You are amazing! I so wish that I enjoyed running. WAY TO GO!