Monday, May 19, 2008

Dance Preview

This upcoming week is devoted to dance and making final preparations for the girl's upcoming dance recital. Bayley and Kendal take dance at the same studio and their spring recital is this Saturday May 24th. They are both extremely excited about their costumes and their dances, so it will be fun to watch them show off on Saturday. My girls love to dance and look forward to their classes each week. Bayley has her class on Tuesday, which has caused some major meltdowns from Kendal who feels like it is unfair that Bayley gets to go to dance earlier in the week than her....I'm thinking that when I enroll them next fall I will take this into consideration and do my best to ensure that Kendal either has dance on the same day as Bayley or earlier in the week than Bayley. Bayley doesn't really care...her main goal in dancing is to be able to wear toe shoes. At six she walks around on her toes without toe shoes, which has to be painful. As I know absolutely nothing about dance nor the progression of a dancer, I can only tell her that her teachers will let her know when she is ready for toe shoes...HELP! Anyway, they both look beautiful in their costumes. Check out these cuties:

Illustrates perfectly the meltdowns we have on Tuesdays when Bayley gets to go to dance and Kendal has to wait until Thursday

Jeff has a busy week as usual. Today he had another EGD done...which basically is surgery to check his esophagus. He has been having to go in every 2 months to have an EGD as a result of the diagnosis of Barrett's Esophagus last fall. We have learned that Barret's is basically precancerous cells that have developed in his esophagus as a result of his acid reflux. Every two months his gastroenterologist goes in and burn off the precancerous cells. We did receive good news this time around. The doctor did not see any noticeable Barrett's so he only had to biopsy Jeff's esophagus. This is great news as it means that he does not have to undergo another EGD for at least another 4 months. These EGD's really haven't been that bad other than Jeff is comatose for a day as a result of the anesthesia and he does have slight discomfort in his throat.
What a great way to start a week?
I do have to say that I am so thankful for great friends. Today did not go as smoothly as I had hoped...starting with the fact that we all got up at 5:30 am to take Jeff to the hospital only to find out after we had dropped him off and returned home that his surgery wasn't until this 12 pm. So my plans for the day were quickly rearranged and after 4 round trips to the hospital we are glad that today is over. To add to all of the travel to and from the hospital we decided today would be the perfect day for me to have the van worked on because Jeff didn't need his car...well that didn't go very smoothly either. The technician has somehow messed up the wiring and the alarm system will go off for no reason at all...what a day...I'll deal with that tomorrow. The one reprieve to my day was that Jeff's nice co-workers brought us dinner tonight...at first when they offered I felt bad accepting because I didn't think I would really need it, but after the way the day went it was a huge HELP. Then for dessert a secret someone rang the doorbell and left the BEST brownies at the door. It is amazing how a day can turn around from really bad to really good in just a few moments thanks to a few very kind acts.

6 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Oh my gosh I cant believe Bayleys leg extension! That is so cool! I was a dancer and I can tell you she looks like she has perfect legs and feet! How exciting. I wish I could come see her dance... Have fun! Sorry your day went so yucky. That is so great that someone helped you out like that. Take care, I will tell everyone in KY hello for you. Oh, and I hope Jeff is feeling better....sounds like no fun.

Baxter's said...

Oh my! I didn't know about the Barrett's thing. That doesn't sound good. Know we are thinking about you. Hang in there. Don't you love how on some days, when something goes wrong..a LOT seems to go wrong. Grrr.

highdeekay said...

Kendal and Bayley are both beautiful girls. Bayley totally looks like a prima ballerina in the making.

The Magic Family said...

Your girls are so beautiful! What cute dance outfits! Hope all is well with you!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Glad you survived the day!!!! Hang in there! We can't wait to see the girls in action!
Love,
MOM G

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I can't help ya in the dance category either. :) But it seems like your girls sure are talented dancers!

Friends helping out is the best.