Monday, November 17, 2008

THANK goodness for Kids!


We had a fun week last week, filled with lots of fun things, but I neglected to use my camera at all to log those events and I am now having a hard time recalling what all we did. So I think I will use this post to do a quick update on the kids and perhaps in the process incorporate some of the activities we did last week.


BAYLEY continues to be our sweet beautiful girl. She loves her second grade class and teacher and did very well on her first report card. The second nine weeks have proved a bit more challenging, especially spelling, but we are working on it! She continues to enjoy dance and is looking forward to her winter recital December 13th. Bayley went to her first swim practice last week. We found a new swim team that should allow her the flexibility and practice that she wants. She will probably swim once a week and sometimes on Saturdays, just enough for a busy 7 year old. Her broken arm has healed very well and she just about has full range of motion back in her elbow. The other day I turned my head just in time to see her do her first cartwheel since the break...my heart stopped for a minute, but she was so excited that she was able to do one again.

KENDAL is Ms. Unpredictable. She is either as sweet and helpful as can be, or the opposite. Fortunately we get the sweet Kendal more than the sour, but she is still working on "not losing it". Like her big sister, she loves her dance class and is looking forward to her winter recital. She also thinks she wants to play basketball this winter. After watching her play soccer, I think she will enjoy it. She is obsessed with dogs and mentions at least once a day that she wants a doggy ( which is not going to happen). She helps out a lot with Trey and is still our little mommy. Last week when we were visiting Spencer and Leigh, Kendal's mommy skills were put to the test when Baby Spence spit up on her head...she had green beans all through the front of her hair. It was so funny...she has loved telling that story to everyone!


TREY is our busy little boy. He does all that he can to keep up with his two big sisters. Sometimes it is tough be the youngest and the third child, but most of the time he jumps right in and does what they are doing (whether that be dancing, playing Barbies, doing crafts, etc.) He has turned into a bit of a jokester and loves to act goofy. His speech continues to improve everyday. Since he started speech therapy I have noticed he really tries to say the words rather than just point or grunt. He is so much fun...most of the time!


Jeff and I love our busy little crew. We are so thankful to have them in our lives. We really have been blessed as a family and as I have been reminded numerous times lately that I really need to try my best to enjoy the journey!!

6 comments:

Natalie-John+2 said...

Love what you have to say about Kendall being sweet and sour!! I have been trying to figure a way to describe Macy and that's it!! I am also glad to hear mine is not the only one...girl drama! Wouldn't trade her for the world.

highdeekay said...

Love the picture of Trey and his adorable girlfriend painting cookies. Thanks again for everything! What would we do without you guys?

Baxter's said...

My Molly seems to be a little "sweet and sour" too...how do you get a hold of that? Seriously. Sweet and sour sounds a lot better than bi-polar. I will use that one.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I still can't believe how old they are. Glad to hear they are doing well!

Doreen Griffeth said...

They are WONDERFUL children and so much fun!!! I love that we get to spend time with them regularly!!!
Thanks!
Love,
MOM G

Kelly said...

Sounds like you have a great family. Good job!