Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tales of a 2 Year Old!

Halloween 2008

Some days I forget I have a 2 year old. I've been through the "terrible 2's" twice before and each time was very unique. Bayley so far was probably my most mischievous child. She had a long list of "2 Year Old Tales" well before she was even two...and then she turned 2 and the list grew even longer. In fact, I remember her continuing her mischievous ways until she was just about 3. Kendal on the other hand, was a very easy 2 year old. As far as mischief goes, she rarely if ever caused any. She had other issues, like tantrums, that we still occasionally get to deal with but other than that I breezed through her toddlerhood. Trey so far has been somewhere in the middle (knock on wood). I realize that he is only 27 months and still has a lot of 2 year old moments to come, but for the most part his mischief has been pretty manageable. It definitely helps that he has a big sister, Kendal, who usually keeps a pretty close eye on him, or at least knows what he is doing most of the time. This morning as I was finishing some of my daily tasks, I asked Kendal where and what her brother was doing. She frankly replied that he was in his room pouring out baby powder. I asked her if she was serious and she replied yes. On the walk between my bedroom and Trey's bedroom I made the conscious decision to keep my cool. When I opened the door to Trey's room (the fact that the door was closed is a good indication that Trey knew he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing) you could sense his nervousness with being caught in the act!


He immediately crawled into his bed and ignored all questions as to how, why and who was going to clean up the mess. It was actually pretty funny. I know we still have many "2 year old moments" to come, but hopefully between his sisters and his parents we can keep Trey's moments to a minimum.



Ignoring ALL questions!

Last week was another fun week for the kids. They loved dressing up yet again in their costumes and had a pretty good time trick-or-treating. Trey was really funny because we took a stroller so that he could keep up with the rest of us. He would jump out of the stroller when it was time to walk up to a door and as soon as he returned he would plop right back down in the stroller. He loved all of the Halloween decorations and at more than one house we had to threaten to leave him behind before he would quit examining the fun decor. Good times!


The Thorntons and Eden

8 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

I love it! We have done the baby powder clean up too...what a mess. I love the little hand prints on the chair. Too cute. The kids look great in their costumes. Bayley's looks a lot like Addies. Fun stuff!

Doreen Griffeth said...

That's our boy--silent but deadly! We love him! Thanks for sharing the evidence! He won't believe it when he is older!
Love,
MOM G

Kelly said...

You are so good to keep your cool. Moments like that are funny for the rest of us!

The Magic Family said...

What a cute story! Isn't it so nice that when you blog, you are keeping all of those memories for your kids. And they look so cute in those costumes!

highdeekay said...

I can't wait for my own 2 year old tales.

What cute fun kids!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I think Nate is going to be closer to Bayley. Yikes!

Melinda said...

Sounds like a great Halloween. Love the costumes. I love the Baby Powder story. I am still waiting for my son (now 6) to grow out of the terrible 2's.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

At least it was just baby powder!! It could have been so much worse. I bet his room smelled nice and fresh by the time you were done cleaning up!!! :)