Monday, July 7, 2008

Quick Update

Trey loves to play with the hair dryer...Bayley was kind enough to let him use her hair
Yes, our cute Kendal can give "those" type of looks sometimes
Sunday pictures happen less frequently since Jeff has become Branch President...something about being on time to church
Trey's idea of blueberry picking...fortunately he did not get sick

I haven't been very good at taking pictures the last couple of weeks, so without the need to download my pictures I in turn have not been a very good blogger. Anyway, just because I haven't been taking pictures doesn't mean that we haven't been busy. We have been busy enjoying our summer. The last week or so has been full of lots of swimming, fishing, golfing and blueberry picking. The kids really are having a great summer. We plan an activity just about everyday that gets them out of the house and excited. Sometimes it just a trip to the library for new books, other times to the mall for "Kid's Day at the Mall", or we have also found a new place that offers free jump time on inflatables...my kids love inflatable jumpers.



This week we are headed to the lake for the "Griffeth Family Reunion". This years reunion is being held at Lake Wedowee which is about 40 minutes from our house. It should be a lot of fun! I'm sure I will have lots of pictures and a full report after the week is over.
I am proud to post the picture of our first tomato from our container gardening. It was rather tasty....and actually looked pretty good. I have very little luck with gardening, so I am thrilled. However, despite this accomplishment our little tomato plants have halted in the growth and so I will be lucky to get another 5 or 6 tomotoes from our 2 plants.

4 comments:

The Magic Family said...

Your kids are getting so grown up! Especially Trey... he is such a little man! Have a great time with the family and tell them we said Hello!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the summer...and getting to church on time! ;)

highdeekay said...

Well, you are luckier than I with a big fat zero tomatoes! I'm still hopeful for our cucumbers and the basil has been grand!

You failed to mention that not only does Kendal occasionally give that face, she also teaches it to her young impressionable friends. :)

Lori said...

Nice tomato! All of my garden is dying, I think something is eating it and I am sooo sad!
Anyway, your kids are so cute and growing up so fast! Is Bayley really tall, or do the pictures just look like she is? My Hailey is off the charts tall!