Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentines Day 2008

The Family I Love




All you have to do is mention holiday to my girls and they become the happiest kids around! Bayley knew that Valentine's Day was coming because her teacher had started to talk about it a couple of weeks before February 14th. As soon as she found out she became obssessed with finding and completing the perfect Valentine's for her class and family. We made a special trip to Target and I let her pick out her Valentine's for her class this year. She was so excited that we barely made it through the door before she had all of them out and put together. Then they sat on our kitchen counter for about 5 days before she could actually take them to school. I don't think she remembers any of her previous Valentine's Days so after a little party at school and the Valentines exchange between the students, she felt like the most loved girl in the world. It was great to watch her come in from school beaming! I wish she felt that way everyday, but unfortunately the school kids aren't always that kind. As a family we had a small Valentine's celebration. Jeff asked me where I would like to go to dinner and I told him Chick-fil-A was the place for me. No waiting to be seated, no waiting to be served, the food is a family favorite, and we could have the kids home and in bed at their normal bed time. I loved it and the kids loved it! After we got home from eating the girls put together homemade Valentine's cards for their dad and their dad had them list the things they loved about their Mommy! We exchanged small gifts and then headed to bed. What a perfect Valentine's Day if you ask me. I do have to mention a few of my favorite items from the "Why I Love Mommy" list:

1) She gives us donuts for breakfast on Valentine's Day (a VERY special treat)

2) She helps me pick up my toys

3) She will help me get toys that I cannot reach

4) She reads with/to me



This last week was a big week for us here in the Thornton household. I bought curtains for our family room. To many of you this may not seem like a big deal, but for me/us it is a huge deal. If you ask me, most rooms have very little need for curtains. In fact, my house would probably only have curtains in the kids rooms had there not been curtains rods over most of the windows when we moved in. Since we moved into our new house last March, finding curtains for these bare curtain rods has been at the top of my to-do list. I do not consider decorating one of my talents. In fact, unlike many women that I know, I really do not even enjoy decorating my house...it is more of a chore, so finding curtains became somewhat of a chore after such a long time. However, after almost a year of searching I think I found some great curtains! Both Jeff and I are happy with them and we are both more than thrilled to be able to knock curtains off of our to-do list (Jeff is especially pleased after having to wait almost a year to get that project complete).




The Curtains

3 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

I feel exactly the same way about decorating! UGH! My walls are so bare and boring but I just dont have the energy to expend trying to find things for it. I do like your curtains though...very nice. Glad you all enjoyed V Day!

Doreen Griffeth said...

So glad you had a great Valentine's Day! We love you all! Love the curtains and can't wait for the story!
Love,
MOM G

Lori said...

Your family is so cute! I can't believe how different your two girls look--but both beautiful! I'm really proud of you for buying curtains, I don't love curtains either but yours look really good! Hope all is well! Love,
Lori