Sunday, October 7, 2007

Time Flies When You Are Having Fun!


The last couple of weeks have flown by. In the last couple of weeks we have been busy, but in a good way. Last weekend, we spent our Saturday supporting Jeff in his scout calling. The scouts were going canoeing at a nearby lake Saturday morning so Jeff invited us to come along. The girls were excited for the adventure. It was a beautiful day on Lake Wedowee, but canoeing was not what my girls had expected. First, Kendal who is the cautious one in our family, quickly realized how small and unstable a canoe is on a lake and after the launch you could here her screaming loud and clear. Jeff tried to see if she would calm down and realize it wasn't as bad as it seemed, but she was having none of it. After a quick trip, she quickly jumped out of the boat when they reached shore. Bayley really wanted to paddle herself, but as it was an extremely windy day and there where only two paddles in the boat this was not possible. So she was a little disappointed in the whole trip. She did enjoy jumping into the lake and swimming around for a bit, but that was the highlight for her. Maybe we will try canoeing again when they are a little bit older! Jeff had another activity with the young men that night, so that was pretty much our day. We did have visitors later in that evening, when Daryl, Jeff's Dad, and Terri dropped by on their way to Destin. It was nice to have them around for Sunday morning before they continued their trip. The kids LOVE visitors!


Bayley continues to love swim team and dance. Her first swim meet is this next Saturday, so she will be practicing a couple of extra days this week to gear up for the meet. She is very excited and I think will do very well! This week is her fall break from school, so we have a couple of fun activites planned. We plan on hitting a couple of museums, having a picnic in the park and maybe taking a day trip to Atlanta, but we will see. I think she will enjoy sleeping in and having very little schedule just as much as any of the activities.


Kendal is still Kendal. What can I say? She loves her dance, her babies, and most of the time loves to help around the house. She is definitely my big helper at this point. She loves to fold laundry, put away clothes, hang up clothes, help her daddy take out the garbages, and help take care of her little brother Trey. When she is good she is very very good, but when she is naughty she is very very naughty. There is very little middle ground. Fortunately she leans more towards the good rather than naughty.


Trey is feeling much better this week. He is completely over his cold and in to everything. It is so funny to watch this little guy march around the house. He is developing more personality every day. He definitely knows what he does and doesn't want and knows usually how to get it. Lately he has been a very picky eater. Suprisingly to me he likes baby food better than table food at this point. He will eat fruit and drink milk all day long, but put macaroni, a sandwich, crackers, or just about any other table food and he won't have much to do with it. He is a funny boy!


My big news is that I ran a 5K this weekend with Jeff. Originally I was planning to run it alone, but Jeff decided in the last week that he would join me, even though he hasn't run in about 3 months. We found a 5K located close to my parents house in Marietta, and Saturday morning ran together. The race was not very well attended (there were probably only 40 runners), but Jeff and I had a good time. We stayed close most the of the race, but I ended up pulling away in the end. My time was 26:30, which was well below my goal of 28 minutes (the time in the picture is not our actual times). I was very excited! Plus, I finished 5th overall and Jeff finished 6th overall. It was funny...we received trophies for winning our age groups! Not too bad for our first race??? Anyway, I am beginning to see how running could become addictive. We spent our weekend in Marietta with Grandma and Grandpa "G" and Grant, Alyssa, Olivia, and Alyssa's sister Erin. Spencer and Leigh joined us this afternoon for dinner. The girls had been dying to see Olivia and for a visit to Marietta, so we had a great time. I can't believe another couple of weeks have flown by. I have to say my blogging has been negatively affected by my current reading obsession...The Twilight Series. I am on the second book New Moon and hope to finish the 3rd book by the end of the week, so I quit neglecting some of my other hobbies.

5 comments:

Ali said...

Congrats on your race! You are a really fast runner. I can go the long distance but I am the turtle of the group. You rock!

Be careful taking in too much of that series at once. I read all three in about a week and a half and had trouble making it through the last one...too much teenage vampire series by the end. Nice to see the obsessin is heading South!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Great job on the race! I dont share your revelation that running can be addictive however. I ran 2 miles a day in the Air Force and hated every minute of it.... Well, the kids look so cute! I cant believe how big Kendall seems! They grow so fast. Good to hear from you!

Weston said...

Congrats on your 5K. I have been looking for a post for some time from you but nothing! Good to hear that the little guy is feeling better. We can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Loved the pictures! We loved having you all this weekend! What fun! Keep up the good work!
Love,
MOM G

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Oh man, you are turning in to an official runner!? You better rope a "non-runner" in to the Thanksgiving Griffeth Family 5K or else I don't think I can participate! :) You are WAY too fast. I did take a walk today, though. :)

Your kids are adorable and wish we lived closer to you guys!