Monday, September 24, 2007

A Couple of Weeks in Pictures

So this week I decided to do my update mainly in pictures. We have had a lot going on, but despite being busy we have had a lot of fun. The only thing that has kind of thrown us off is Trey getting sick this weekend. Starting Friday afternoon he started running a fever. Other than the fever he had no other symptoms. Well, Saturday morning he woke up and sounded horrible. He had a definite crackle in his chest and it sounded like he could barely breath. Anyway, finally Sunday morning we couldn't take it anymore and we took him to the emergency room. After a couple of hours there, the doctor's diagnosis was a double ear infection, bronchitis, and a sore throat. They treated him with a breathing treatment and a couple of shots. Sunday afternoon he took a 4 1/2 hour nap and seemed to be starting to feel better. He still isn't one hundred percent, but a couple of days of antibiotics will hopefully do the trick. Other than that here are the highlights of the last couple of weeks!


Trey going down the slide at the park. He loves his newfound mobility at the park. He is not afraid to check everything out.
Kendal swinging at the park. We love fall days. Last week we had lunch at the park two afternoons.

Can you believe we can still swim? It is definitely starting to get chilly, but when the sun is out it is bearable. It won't be long until we will cover up the pool for the winter. Spring will not be here soon enough!
The girls performed Saturday at our Ward Talent Show. They wore ballet costumes and performed a jazz routine. They were a hit!
The girls are gearing up for Halloween. Kendal picked out these funny teeth at the dollar store and couldn't wait to get home and try them out.
We sure are glad we have good dentists in the family!
Crazy teeth!
The girls had a great time doing my hair one afternoon. I think they used just about every clip they could find in my hair.
Kendal with some friends at the park!

Fun in the tub. The kids love getting in the big jacuzzi tub on Sunday mornings. We let them turn on the jets and put in bubble bath. They love it! Trey is intrigued by the bubbles. He isn't exactly sure what they are all about.
Posing in the tub.
Sunday morning pictures!
This is what you get when we try to take a family photo by ourselves. It just doesn't quite work, even with Jeff's long arms.
Trey makes the cutest expressions. This is him in awe of a book. He favorite word these day is "hot". Every time I give him food he will look at it and ask if it is Hot? It is so cute. He also will attempt to blow on his own food if he thinks it might be hot. I love this age!

Well that is our weeks in pictures. I have continued to train for the 1/2 marathon. On Saturday I ran 7 miles. That is my all time high. Everyday I really do feel like it is getting a little bit easier. I will never be a great long distance runner, but I am looking forward to accomplishing my goal of finishing the 1/2 marathon. Incorporated in my training schedule, I have planned a couple of 5k and 10k races. I am looking forward to those and I am trying to include family and friends as much as possible. Jeff may try to run a couple of races with me. I am also inviting the Griffeth family to join me on Thanksgiving for the Gobble Trot in Marietta. Hopefully, I can talk a few of them into joining me!

4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Great pictures...I was wondering when we would hear from you again ;) Anyway, good luck with your marathon. I cant even imagine running 1 mile let alone 7! Good job.

Weston said...

I think you have some of the most amazing little kids!!! I can't believe how big they are getting and how funny they are. The pictures are great. Poor Trey with all of his sicknesses.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I loved seeing all the photos!! The bath ones are my favorite.

Hope to see you guys soon! Give poor little Trey a hug for us.

Ali said...

Abbie likes to say everything is hot too but unfortunately, whether it is actually hot or not, she won't eat it. I'm glad to hear that the blowing technique worked with Trey...no luck at the Thompson house.

Thanksgiving races are the best. We have an annual walking school event here so we don't participate in a race but the holiday ones are always ton of fun. I hope you can get Lindsay and Wes to join you!