Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sunday Pictures

Another Sunday has come and gone way too quickly. We had a great day. I actually am enjoying having late church...we don't start until 12:30 p.m. As a result we have the morning to leisure around. The girls usually play downstairs with their toys, read, or study with their Dad while he studies his Sunday School lesson. I get to read the Sunday paper, which I really enjoy. Jeff was called as the Second Counselor in Young Men's today. He is really excited for the new challenge. It will be good for him to see that side of the church organization. I haven't received a calling as of yet, but I am going to teach in Relief Society next week. I am lobbying for that calling, but we will see!

After dinner tonight we let the girls feed the fish in our little pond outback. I bought a 50 lb. bag last week that should last us all of this summer, if not next as well. It was fun to see the fish (mostly catfish) come to the top to get the food. The girls were a little disappointed that the didn't get a real good look at the fish...it's almost as if they expected the fish to dance on top of the water, but it just doesn't happen that way. We also saw a couple of turtles poke their heads out of the water, so that was cool. So far we have seen lizards, frogs, turtles, otters, beavers, ducks and ducklings, and all kids of birds. As I am not an animal person, I just hope that these animals choose to keep to themselves and leave me and our house alone.



2 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Yeah! An update! :)

Looks like you guys had fun with the animals! It was great to see mom and the Utah family...look forward to seeing you guys hopefully soon! We got the pictures of the kids...very cute!

Th. said...

.

I hit your blog randomly but I knew the second I saw it that you were Mormon. I had to scroll down this far to prove it, but now I feel pretty darned smart.