Sunday, May 20, 2007

Life Updated!










So, a couple of weeks have flown by and my great plan to blog at least once a week has already gone out the window. I will do my bet to update you and post some pictures of what we have been up to.

A few words about my birthday and Mother's Day. I am glad that my 30th birthday was somewhat downplayed. I really don't feel that old and I certainly hope that I don't look it. Jeff treated me to pancakes in the shape of the number 30...it was cute and the girls were very thrilled with their Daddy's project. We made the trip to Augusta that day for Spencer and Leigh's graduation. We met Mom and Dad on the way and had lunch at Chick-fil-A...one of our family favorites. That night Spencer and Leigh had dinner at their house and then they had a family appreciation social at the dental school. The girls managed to slip in naps on the way to Augusta so that they could check out the pool during the 1 hour between our arrival and time to head to Spencer's house. Spencer and Leigh's graduation day was very nice. We are so excited for them!!! After the hooding ceremony we headed back to the hotel for naps and a swim. We then went to the lake (can't remember the name of it) in Augusta for a cookout. It was so nice! We had a great time and on Saturday we headed back home and made it home early enough in the afternoon to go for a dip in the pool....notice a reoccurring theme concerning our days and the swimming pool. Mother's day was very nice. Jeff made us breakfast burritos for breakfast and the kids gave me a nice picture frame! Jeff gave me a WillowTree figurine and some money to prepare for our trip to St. Thomas...oh yeah, I forgot to mention what Jeff gave me for my birthday...at the end of July we are headed to St. Thomas for 5 days!! Our first vacation without the kids for over 2 years. We are so excited! Anyway, that sums up my wonderful birthday/mother's day weekend.


This last week has flown by. The weather here has been great...actually a little on the cool side so we only swam a total of 3 days this week. Despite the cooler weather we received very little rain. There is a drought in Alabama and we are about 14 inches under what we should be on the rain meter. Which means, if you don't have a sprinkler system your grass in brown...fortunately we do and our grass is green, but not as green as it should be in the spring. Enough about our exciting grass. Another highlight of our week was that Kendal and Trey had their 3 year and 9 month check-ups. Kendal weighed in at a whopping 28 lbs and was 37 inches tall. She was such a big girl as the doctor checked her out and it was noted that she is extremely healthy...she hasn't even ever had an ear infection. Trey weighed in at 21.4 lbs. and was 291/2 inches tall. He cooperated with the check-up, but in the end had to get a couple of immunization shots, which is not fun for any of us. Trey continues to grow up way too fast. He is not crawling, but has started to maneuver. He tries to pull up on things and has actually been successful a couple of times. He loves music...it is so funny...he claps and shakes his body all over the place.

Bayley's last week of school is this week. She will graduate from kindergarten on Tuesday! She is excited for the end of this year to come. She loves school, but has been through a lot for the first year of her schooling. She has endured 4 different teachers and 2 very different schools. The transition to Alabama has been a little more difficult that we had anticipated. All of you know that Bayley is extremely social, however, at her new school she has had a hard time making new friends. In fact, she has some MEAN girls in her class that have grouped up and decided not to be her friend...I think they are jealous. Bayley has sucked it up very well and despite the lack of friends still enjoys school. We are excited for summer and the opportunity to have her home with us for a while...Kendal is going to love having her big sister around to play. We have big plans for this summer, which includes lots of time around the pool, a couple of trips, the summer reading program at the library, and other fun stuff.

Yesterday we had some friends over for the first time to swim and cookout. It was so much fun! The kids had a blast playing in the pool...the food was good (thanks Jeff) and we loved the company. Our kids love entertaining, which is definitely something we can do at our new home...so if you are up for the trip...come and visit us!!!!


Well, I feel like I have written a book. I will try to post a couple of fun pictures!! Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

You guys have had an exciting few weeks! I can't believe that Trey only weighs 6 pounds less than Miss Kendal. :)

I agree with spending as much time at the pool as possible. It's definitely one of my favorite things to do, too! Your kids are definitely growing up and we enjoy seeing regular pictures of them. HOpefully we'll see you guys sooner than later. :)

Ali said...

Hey Alisha- Lindsay talked me into this crazy blogging stuff too. I have to say, it is fun to see photos of your family and see what you are up to. These are the first photos I've seen of Trey...he is darling and so big! Hope the summer treats you well.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

We loved the update!!! It's so fun to hear what's going on in your lives! I cannot believe how big Trey is getting...What a cutie!

It looks like we just have to get Leigh into the blogging thing now...:)

Talk to you soon!!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

One more thing...I just got off the phone with Grant and he told me about your trip (we're VERY jealous!) in July. If Grant takes the Cingular job (which I think he will) I would LOVE to take care of the kids for you while you're out of town. It would be a lot of fun, and I'm sure I'll be needing lots of distractions by the end of July. Maybe the kids will keep me so busy, it'll push me into an early labor!! :) Haha...I wish!