Sunday, August 8, 2010

Adison is 10 months

Crawling
Being funny








So maybe I'm a couple of weeks late but before I miss the opportunity altogether I thought I would post about what Adison is doing is 10 months. About 3 weeks ago Adison started the move. At first you couldn't really call it crawling, but more of a sitting push, but she has now graduated into a full crawl and is getting faster everyday. She loves her new found freedom and I am now constantly scanning the floor for small items she could put in her mouth. She can pull up on furniture and will straighten her legs out while crawling into a push up position.


Adison continues to show us cute parts of her personality. She can be quite the ham. She feeds off her siblings and they are now excited that she is now mimicking some of their actions. She can bop it (dance), shake her head no, and do the "I don't know" with her hands. They all love playing with her...sometimes too much. But she definitely lets them know when she has had enough.

I am still nursing her, but she is becoming less reliant on me and almost too busy sometimes to really get anything out of it. She remains a great sleeper, just an early riser. She rarely sleeps past 6 am. She still needs two naps a day, but can sometimes skip one if we are busy without becoming too much of a bear. She is often forced to go with the flow with our busy schedule and sometimes will have to make do with a 20 minute nap in the car while we drive home. Thank goodness she is pretty flexible.


She enjoys table food much more than her baby food, but will tolerate it occasionally. The only thing slowing her down is that she still has ZERO teeth. The bottom two look like they could pop through anytime, but still no show as of 10 1/2 months. She is a good little eater and so far eats a good variety of foods. She kicks her feet to let you know if she wants what you are eating or drinking and if that doesn't work than she will resort to screaming.

We love our Adison at 10 months and are both sad and excited that she is getting older.

8 comments:

corrie said...

She is SO cute! Next thing you know she'll be in Kindergarten. I love hearing all the funny things she is doing. I'll be over there soon to see for myself!

Kelly said...

Right out of the Thornton factory! Cute girl

Lindsay Griffeth said...

It's amazing what 2 months will do - she looks a lot older than when we saw her in June!

What a cutie.

Doreen Griffeth said...

She is so cute!!!! We love this girl!
Love,
MOM G
She doesn't even cry when she sees me now!
Yeah!

highdeekay said...

wow, I'm missing out on so much. She is so cute. Love to you all!

Donnie, Roni and Josey said...

She looks just like Trey! I can't believe how big she is!

Nancy Scott said...

Adison is so much fun to watch and those face expression maybe she can't talk much but knows what she wants. She is just to adorable. Thanks for the update Alisha. Tell everyone HI!

Steve and Amanda said...

You are a better blogger than me! Brock got one of those suckers the other day without me knowing...I will post it one of these days! See you soon!