Saturday, July 31, 2010

Not so Zoomerang

Tonight me and the three older kids headed out to Alabama Adventures to see a concert. We got there a little early so we decided to ride a couple of the amusement park rides. They have a couple of high thrill rides that we still haven't gone on this summer, so I decided to show my kids just how tough their mom was by jumping on the Zoomerang roller coaster. This coaster takes you upside down twice going forward, then reverses back taking you upside down twice going backwards. The good news: I survived the ride. The bad news: not only did I lose my camera, but I almost lost my dinner. I'm not quite as tough as I used to be. I am totally bummed about the camera. It must have slipped out of my pocket on one of the 4 loopty loops. However, I am still keeping my fingers crossed that maybe it slipped out on one of the earlier rides and maybe just maybe it will show up in the lost and found when I return on Monday. My camera has been a good camera...we've been together for over 2 years. There are a bunch of milestones and events coming up in the next couple of weeks where I will definitely need a camera, so if there is no camera on Monday I will be looking for a replacement next week. Definitely, not so zoomerang!

4 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

What a BUMMER! I can totally relate to the frustrations that come with having NO CAMERA...I'm now $200 poorer and still waiting to get mine back...

Hope that yours ends up being in the lost and found on Monday!

Kelly said...

Bummer about the camera! Hope you find it. Sometimes when I swing at the park my stomach feels a little queasy. Swinging!! Come on!

corrie said...

I can't handle those rides. Puke-a-rama! I lost my lunch on my poor daddy's shoes one summer after going for a spin on those swings. ugh.
I do hope you find your camera.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

OH, man! That sucks about the camera.

As far as that ride . . .I can handle the forward, but the backward kills me. Never again!