Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why Not??

As if life wasn't busy or crazy enough we have decided to really make things exciting around here for the next couple of months. Last month Jeff received a promotion with his company and as a result we are moving to Birmingham. I approach this move with mixed feelings because we have really enjoyed living in Oxford, our current location in Alabama. We have great friends, a great house, good schools, great branch, we are close to family, etc.....However, Jeff and I are very excited about his new job and the opportunities that will come with it. We have moved quite a few times in our 9 years of marriage and fortunately Birmingham is close enough that I feel that we won't such a dramatic move. So the last 2 weeks we have been SEARCHING the Birmingham area for homes. What sounded really exciting at first has become quite exhausting, however we do have a few good prospects. We are just having a hard time pulling the trigger. Hopefully by the end of the week....

Why the rush on finding a house? Because in only 17 days we will be adding another little one to our household. I am very excited and definitely READY physically to have her here. I still have a bit to do to have things in order here at home, but I need something to keep my busy over the next 2 1/2 weeks, right? If she is not here by the 25th of September, I have a scheduled induction that day, so I do know that the end is in sight! After she arrives, we plan on moving in the ensuing couple of weeks so that we can get Bayley and Kendal to their new schools as soon as possible. The kids are excited, but a bit nervous about the move. Bayley especially is now old enough to understand what starting over in a new place will entail.

So if my blogging is a bit sporadic over the next couple of months you now know why...

9 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

very exciting for you guys!

Doreen Griffeth said...

We are praying that you will make the best decision for your family. We are so proud of your husband and know we can still meet at the Lake!
Love,
MOM G

highdeekay said...

sniff, sniff. Do you really HAVE to move? sniff, sniff. We'll just have to meet at the temple. House hunting isn't how an 8 month pregnant lady needs to be acting. I hope you find the right house soon.

corrie said...

Waaaah! me too - sniff, sniff.

Baxter's said...

AHHHHH! Good luck! Sounds like what we just did. Dont worry HANSEN is six months and I can finally say I feel settled.

Caroline said...

good luck with the house hunt and the new baby! i hope everything goes well. i can't wait to hear all about it.

Kelly said...

9 months go quick when you don't find out until 5 months or so! What a crazy time for you. Hang in there!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Oh my goodness Alisha! Denver just asked me the other day how Jeff's job was treating him. Promotions are a GREAT thing! Congrats.... Good luck with the move. I know what its like to move being 7 months pregnant. At least you arent going very far! Cant wait to hear from you again from your new home and with your new little girl...I'll be thinking about you guys :)

Ali said...

Good luck!