Sunday, May 31, 2009

DeSoto Caverns Fieldtrip




A week and a half ago I was able to accompany Bayley on her class field trip to DeSoto Caverns. DeSoto Caverns in a cave about 45 minutes from our house. Bayley was thrilled that I would be able to come...thanks to a good friend who was willing to watch my other two kiddos. We had a very good time. The cave was nice, but kind of puny compared to some of the other caves I have been to like Timpanogas and Carlsbad Caverns, but nice for around here. Not only did they get to walk through the cave but they were also able to pan for jewels...I think that was the highlight of Bayley's trip. It was a fun day with my Fun seven year old!

2 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Looks like fun...we have talked about hiking Mt. Timpanogas with the kids but I dont think Addie would make it and I know Denver couldnt carry her...maybe next year.

Melinda said...

It's great that you were able to go with her on the field trip. Panning for jewels would be cool. Did she find any treasures?