Monday, December 8, 2008

Another 1/2?

Chief Ladiga Trail 1/2 Marathon

So my "retirement" from long races was short-lived. On Saturday I ran my third 1/2 marathon. My sister-in-law Leigh who hadn't really trained for the race, ran with me and totally kicked my behind. She is an awesome runner, so despite my lackluster training she pushed me to finish in 2 hours and 18 minutes (only 9 minutes off my best time, when I did train hard). It was a lot of fun, but I could barely move by Saturday night. I am much better today. I also want to give a quick shout out to my friend Corrie, who also trained and completed the race. Great job...how about Nashville in April?

6 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

So proud of you both! You are developing great habits for keeping in shape!!! Yeah!
Love,
MOM

highdeekay said...

What happened to the shout out to your friend who flaked out on the race? :)

Seriously, I think it is awesome and I think you all rock!!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Nice to know that someone can run a half marathon with no training. Your sis-in-law must be in great shape already! I cant even imagine running a 10k at this point and Ive been running for 3-4 months. I guess I'll get there eventually right? Good job running it! I guess it wont be long before you are running actual marathons!!! Yikes!

Natalie-John+2 said...

You go girl!! So proud of you. Three children and a husband to take care of and train for a 1/2 marathon on top of that - how did you find the time? :)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

You're both CRAZY to run that far! :) Do they have swimming marathons? That's more up my alley.

Caroline said...

Wow, Alisha. Congratulations and good for you. I don't think I can run 1/2 a block right now:)