Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Growing Up!

Bayley wiggling her loose tooth
Bayley coming home from school and showing off her new toothless grin
Kendal showing off her face paint
Trey
Trey posing...yeah right, I just caught him as he was getting ready to jump up and run


Everyday I am reminded of how quickly time goes by. I really can't believe that Bayley is 6 years old, losing teeth, reading, old enough to hold real conversations with sometimes, and just altogether growing up way too fast. Yes, since our last report Bayley has lost another tooth...that makes 3 in total. She pulled out the second and third teeth on her own...a brave feat for any 6 year old. She looks so cute...I am hoping the other top tooth will exit before Christmas so that she has the "all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth" gap. Bayley has been keeping busy with swim and dance. I question her every couple of weeks to make sure that she is still enjoying both...and she is. We are trying our best to let her do the things that she want to do, but at the same time limit her on her activities so that she doesn't get too burned out at a young age. Somedays you just need to be able to come home and play and we do have a couple of those days built into our week. Both Kendal and Bayley participated in our Church Primary program last Sunday. Both had speaking parts and Bayley sang in a duet with another little girl. Grandma and Grandpa "G" as well as Grant, Alyssa and Olivia drove over so they could watch the girls in action. Both the girls did a superb job. Both memorized their parts and amazed me with how well they were able to perform. Just ask my mom, they don't get their stage presence from their mom...I was painfully shy as a child! It was so much fun to watch the girls sing their little hearts out, the songs that they have learned this last year in primary. I am so proud of them! Kendal is still our little firecracker. She is either really happy and loving or the opposite. Fortunately she is usually more of the good and less of the bad, but when she is bad you had better brace yourself. Trey is into everything. He is getting way to fast. As soon as he sees any type of opening to trouble, he will quickly take advantage. He loves to turn on any water faucet he can reach, read books, and pull out things from the kitchen cabinets. It is so fun watching him run around and explore the world! Jeff and I feel trully blessed to have three wonderful children! The kids as well as Jeff and I are excited about the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. It is going to be fun to spend the week with the Griffeth family in it's entirety. I'm sure I will have lots of pictures as well as activities to report in the coming week...stay tuned!

4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

I agree...kids grow up way too fast. I look at pictures of our kids (yours too) when we lived in Kentucky and cant believe how much they have all changed. Ah well, enjoy it while you can I guess. Bayley looks cute without her teeth. Ian's have all grown back in big and awkward...gotta love that stage! Take Care.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Wes and I were looking through our scrapbooks a few nights ago and ran across a picture of us with Bayley right when we were married. That reminded us of how fast time flies! She was so little.

2 more days & we get to see you! Yeah!

Doreen Griffeth said...

The girls were fantastic! Bayley definitely did not get the ability to sing in public from her mom!!!! We are so grateful we were able to come and hear the girls' precious message through music! Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Grandma G

Alyssa Griffeth said...

We loved seeing the program, and we were so proud of your fearless girls! We especially enjoyed when Kendal picked her nose!!! Haha...I love kids!