Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bayley's Sixth Birthday Party!!!



Our Party Girl

Bayley's First Day of School with her teacher Mrs. Reid
Bayley Decorating Her Own Birthday Cake
Bayley right after her first tooth was pulled
Spencer tossing Bayley into the pool
The completed cake





Anyone who knows Bayley knows how much the girl loves a party. We start planning her parties about 6 months in advance. The girl loves to entertain. Well, this weekend was Bayley's party for her 6th Birthday. We invited a couple of families from church and she invited 3 kids from school. She has had a tough time making new friends at school and we really haven't run into very many girls her age. Anyway, the people we invited from church showed up as well as her Grandma and Grandpa Griffeth and Spencer and Leigh. It was a crowd!


Bayley loves to decorate cakes and bake. So it only made sense that we would make her birthday cake ourselves...especially since we ordered the Betty Crocker cake decorating set off the Internet last month and had still not put it to use. Originally she had wanted a three-tiered cake. After looking up on the Internet how to make a three-tiered cake and seeing the difficulty involved, I talked her into doing a princess cake. Fortunately for me, she jumped on board and the cake turned out beautifully. I did the bottom and she decorated the top by herself. As she was decorating, she complemented herself on what a great job she had done. It did turn out pretty darn cute if you ask me.


We decided to make this years party a swim party since we have a pool. We also let the kids demolish a pinata, had a water balloon fight and ate hot dogs, watermelon, and chips. Everything turned out great, but boy am I glad that it is over. It is exhausting, especially when there are such high expectations by the birthday girl. Overall, I have to say she was pleased.


I am so proud of Bayley and feel truly blessed to have her in my life. She has such a sweet spirit and really is a VERY good girl. I love the blue-eyed, blond-haired girl that Heavenly Father gave me and that I dreamed about having when I was younger. She really is a great big sister to Kendal and Trey...I know that they adore her. I love you, Bayley and hope you have a wonderful sixth Birthday!


Kendal started "home" school last week. We worked all week on her colors. In some ways she is ahead of where Bayley was at her age, but in some she is way behind...which is of course, my fault. But we are determined to catch her up this year. She is such a smart girl and we are going to have her begging to go to school next year (even though she will still have another year at home before she starts kindergarten). Kendal also started dance classes this week. She is so excited and so darn cute! I can't wait to see her perform!

Kendal doing the "Cheerleader" in the Pool

Trey is getting braver everyday when it comes to walking. Fortunately, he still is crawling most of the time, but he could start RUNNING any day. I will be in trouble! I don't think I have posted this yet, but Trey has an infatuation with hair. He loves playing with long hair. If you give him a brush and some hair he will be content for quite a while. I've heard that there are a lot of other boys that are the same way, but I don't think that makes Jeff feel any better about his son's infatuation with hair. Speaking of hair, it won't be long before Trey is going to need his first trim!

Our big man Hanging Out


My big news is that I am going to start training for a 1/2 marathon. My basketball teammate at Morehead State, Jan, challenged me to participate with her and a couple other of my old teammates in a 1/2 marathon December 1st in Memphis. I've already been running just about everyday, so I am going to give it a shot. I've never been a huge runner, but it is something that I can do with kids...I love my double jogging stroller. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

I LOVE Bayley's cake! She did a great job....she is such a cute girl and I hope she has a better experience at school this year. Happy Birthday Bayley!

Weston said...

We are sorry that we were unable to come to the party! I really wish we lived closer just for that one reason. I think the cake looks sweet! Tell Miss Bayley that I wish I could do something like that. We can't wait to see you all at Thanksgiving. Just to give you a heads up we are blessing Nate September 16 and of course you are invited!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Like Wes said, we'd love to be able to come to stuff like this. We wish we could see you all more often but are grateful that we talk to you as often as we do. Looks like the party was a hit...summer swim parties are the best.

Ali said...

Bayley's teacher looks very nice...maybe it will be a better year for her. I think having a cute, fun teacher helps.

You will do fine with the half marathon. I have a training schedule if you need it but it will be a breeze for you. Good luck!!!!!!