Sunday, July 15, 2007

White Water Adventures & More!

We ended up having a great week! It was so nice to have Trey healthy again. He is happy and active! We love it...well, most of the time. We concluded our week with a fun trip to White Water Park with Spencer, Leigh and Austin. Grant's wife, Alyssa, was kind enough to watch Trey for the day so that I could enjoy the park with the girls. Jeff had to work and missed out on the fun completely. However, the girls and I had a blast. Bayley started out her day going on the 2 most scary rides, the Cliffhanger and the Tornado. She is one brave little 5 year old. I have to say there are benefits to being tall...she reached the heigth limits for all the rides. As much fun as she had on all of the rides, I think she enjoyed the wave pool the most. In fact, on the ride home she asked if we could go to the wave pool everyday...too bad we don't live closer. Bayley also had the chance to participate in a small competition while we were there. She was one of 4 kids picked to ride mini-wave runners around the wave pool for prizes. She missed winning an all-day boat rental by about 1 inch...the girl on the inside lane beat pushed her out of first place. Oh well, she loved it! Kendal also love the park. She spent the majority of her time in the toddler area and was fearless on the slides. I think she would go back again in a heartbeat. Yesterday we had another fun day at the pool. We had a couple of friends over yesterday evening, so after all of the excitement this weekend the girls are beat! We love it though. Oh yeah, I don't know if you can tell from the picture but Kendal got hit by a golf club smack dab in the middle of the forehead yesterday. Bayley was practicing her golf a little to close to a oblivious 3 year old. Fortunately it's just a nasty bump and not stitches or a concussion.

Jeff is headed to New York this week for another phase of training with Pfizer. We are going to meet him in Atlanta on Friday and spend the weekend there. Next Saturday we are headed to Stone Mountain for the day as part of Pfizer's regional get together. It should be a lot of fun. Then next Sunday, Jeff and I leave for St. Thomas. We are so excited! We have tons planned for the 4 days that we will be on the island. The kids will be staying at Grandma and Grandpa Griffeth's where they will have Alyssa and Grant's help in keeping the kids. I'm sure the kids are ready, I just hope I am ready to be away from them that long. Four days will be the longest period of time that I have been away from my kids since I had Bayley. Hopefully this break will be good for all of us...I'll let you know! Have a great week!





2 comments:

Weston said...

It sounds like everyone had a good time at the White Water. Thanks for posting about it I am sure Lindsay will be requesting that the next time we are there.

Vanessa Shannon said...

Fun! Sounds like you are having an adventurous summer. I didnt realize Jeff was working for Pfizer again.... Hope you have a great week. Im sooooo jealous about St Thomas. My parents went on a cruise and said that was their favorite island! Have a great time!!!